Breast enlargement, known as augmentation mammoplasty, can enhance the body contour of a woman who is unhappy with her breast size. This procedure may also be used to improve the loss of breast volume following pregnancy and nursing. Additionally, the operation may help balance breast asymmetries. Saline filled or the FDA approved silicone gel implants may be surgically implanted by three standard routes with placement either above or below the chest muscle. The standard routes are periareolar (around the areola), inframammary (lower breast folds) and transaxillary (arm pits). Also, saline implants may be placed transumbilically (via the navel).
The implant is composed of an outer flexible, silicone shell and filled with either saline or silicone gel. The outer surface may be smooth or textured. Implants also have various sizes, profiles and shapes to meet the individual needs of each woman.
While breast augmentation will enlarge the breasts, the surgery will not alter underlying basic defects in breast shape and form. Major asymmetries may be improved but will not be completely corrected with breast enlargement alone.
A noticeable difference in the size, shape or orientation of the two breasts is considered normal and is actually the rule. If breast size and/or nipple position asymmetries are severe, additional procedures to further improve symmetry may be necessary.
Long term experience with breast enhancement surgery has demonstrated that this operation has a high patient satisfaction rate.
Who is a Candidate?
- Women who want larger breasts.
- Women who want to improve their breast shape.
- Healthy women without connective tissue diseases.
- Healthy women without breast malignancy.
- Larger and shapelier breasts.
- Less asymmetry and size difference.
- Breast Augmentation is performed at an outpatient surgery center under general anesthesia.
- Surgical scar(s) are usually hidden as much as possible in skin folds.
- Saline or silicone implants are usually placed below the chest muscle.
Recuperation and Healing
- Discomfort is controlled with oral medications and long-acting local anesthesia.
- A soft bra or compression garment is usually worn for several weeks postoperatively.
- Patients are usually discharged to the care of a responsible adult and recover at home.
- All sutures are absorbable. Light activity may be resumed in 7 days. Sports activities may be resumed in 3-6 weeks
- Breast Lift – if sagging is an issue.
- Areolar reduction.
Breast Augmentation Surgery New Orleans
There are many reasons for breast augmentation surgery. It’s a corrective procedure performed by Dr. Pippin that helps patients regain breast shape, size, and asymmetry.
The procedure has been performed with success for decades and is a reliable way to enlarge the size of breasts and gain new breast resilience lost due to pregnancy, breast feeding and normal aging, Breast Augmentation Surgery New Orleans There are other options Breast augmentation surgery New Orleans women choose such as reduction of the areola and to uplift sagging breast.
This surgery is performed by Dr. Pippin on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia to reduce discomfort. Another convenient feature is that sutures are absorbed and patients can return to normal light activities after seven days. A post-operative compression garment or light fabric bra is worn for several weeks after this procedure.